1. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
2. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
3. I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.
4. I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.
5. I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true.
6. I’ve been lucky. Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
7. If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.
8. If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhilenesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough.
9. Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.
10. People, even more than things, have to be restored, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
11. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find them at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
12. Nothing is impossible; the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!